STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
Definition of “personal information”
Collection of Information
- When you register for an account with AEF (“Account”) on the Site, we collect specific information from you, such as your full name, email address, telephone number, and brokerage name.
Log and Website Information
- When you access or use the Site, AEF may automatically gather certain technical information about your visit. This information may include the date, time, browser type, internet service provider, IP address, device information (including device identifiers), geo-location data, computer and network performance data, the URL from which you are visiting, and your navigation history. We collect this information to customize and personalize your experience on the Site, diagnose potential issues with the Site, manage and enhance the Site, and for statistical research purposes.
Correspondence and Q & A
- AEF may collect records of all correspondence with AEF. This includes questions, answers and other user-generated comments submitted to the Site.
- AEF may collect personal information about third parties that you either provide to us or authorize us to collect. You are responsible for obtaining the required consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of this information to AEF.
USE AND DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Opening an Account
- AEF utilizes the personal information collected from you to open and maintain your AccessEasyFunds account. This includes verifying your identity, the information you provide to AEF, and determining your eligibility to become an AccessEasyFunds customer.
- AEF may use your personal information to communicate with you regarding your AccessEasyFunds account, as well as to provide support and services related to AEF’s business operations.
Processing and Transferring Commission Advances
- AEF may employ the information collected to process and transfer commission advances facilitated through AccessEasyFunds. Additionally, AEF may share this information with third-party agents that assist in processing and transferring funds for its commission advances.
- AEF may use and disclose your personal information to detect, investigate, address, and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us, and to defend against legal claims. AEF may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement, securities regulators, and regulatory authorities, such as the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada, in the context of an investigation or audit. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information to another organization to investigate a breach of an agreement, including the Terms, and for the purposes of detecting, suppressing, or preventing fraudulent activities.
- AEF may disclose and share your personal information to explore and/or undertake a corporate transaction, including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, amalgamation, IPO, reorganization, or sale of AEF. Your personal information will be used and disclosed solely for the purposes related to the transaction and will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Analysis and Research
- AEF may use the information collected for statistical analysis and market research purposes.
Retaining Your Information
- AEF will retain any personal information that we are required to keep under any applicable laws for the full duration of time mandated by those laws. We may also retain any personal information obtained from AccessEasyFunds account holders for the full duration of time required under applicable laws.
Third-Party Service Providers
- AEF may transfer your personal information to third-party service providers for processing and storage. When engaging a third-party service provider, AEF ensures that the information is properly safeguarded at all times, with a comparable level of protection the information would have received if it had not been transferred. We may transfer your personal information to a third-party service provider outside of Canada. In the event that your personal information is transferred outside of Canada, the government, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information through the laws of that jurisdiction.
- AEF places a high priority on the protection of personal information and has implemented industry-standard security measures (firewalls, passwords, physical security, etc.) to safeguard users against unauthorized access or disclosure. Although AEF endeavors to protect users’ personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security, as no system is entirely immune to fraud or hacking. In the event of a data breach, AccessEasyFunds will notify users at the earliest reasonable opportunity and promptly apply remedial measures. Neither AEF nor any of its officers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives, agents, successors, or assigns may be held liable for theft, illegal use, unauthorized disclosure, loss, or the alteration or destruction of information by a third party.
- You can correct any inaccurate or out-of-date personal information by contacting AEF by telephone at (905) 707-7002 or by email at email@example.com.
- Upon registering for an Account, you will be asked to consent to communications from AEF, which may include promotional emails and advertising. Please note that you may unsubscribe from AEF’s contact list at any time by contacting us by telephone at (905) 707-7002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deletion of Account Information
- If you are an AccessEasyFunds client who has engaged in business activities, we are required to retain your records for a period of 7 years from the date the record was created, in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- For clients or prospective clients who have registered for an Account but have not conducted any business activities, you may submit a written request by email to email@example.com to have your personal information deleted from our systems..